..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

9/9/13

Portabello Cream Pasta Sauce

Ingredients:
1/2 pound portabello mushrooms
1 onion
2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 1/2 cup cream
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
parmesan cheese
pasta noodles
salt and pepper to taste

Start by cutting up 1/2 LBS mushrooms and finely chop 1 onion and 2 garlic cloves. Heat up a pan and saute mushrooms, onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil until the mushroom starts to golden and the onion is soft. Add 1/2 cup chicken stock, 1 1/2 cup cream and 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill. Let it simmer for 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
Serve with shaved Parmesan on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment