..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

9/18/13

Taglietelli ala Veronica

I made this particular pasta up after watching a friend play a Resident Evil game. Thus the Veronica part.

Ingredients:
1 lb of spaghetti or tagliatelli or spaghetti    
2 teaspoons butter
2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced   
14 oz fresh spinach washed and finely sliced
4 fl oz double cream   
5 oz mascarpone cheese
2 handfuls of grated parmesan cheese   
Salt, pepper & olive oil

Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the pasta. Cook according to the instructions on the packet

Meanwhile get a large frying pan or wok. Add a splash of olive oil, the butter and the garlic. When the butter has melted add the spinach. Cook for about five minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the cream, mascarpone and a small ladle of cooking water from the pasta. Let it simmer gently until you have a creamy sauce.

Drain the pasta but save some of the water. Stir the pasta into the spinach sauce and add the parmesan. If the sauce is too sticky add a little of the reserved cooking water until it is smooth and runny. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment