..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

6/2/13

Ricotta Cheesecake

My favorite celebri-chef is Robert Irving. This is his recipe. It doesn't have his muscles or his big heart but it tastes wonderful!

Ingredients
2 pounds ricotta cheese
2/3 cup sugar
6 large eggs
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 teaspoon orange-flavored liqueur, such as Grand Mariner
1 teaspoon vanilla pulp
1/8 teaspoon salt
Pinch ground cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. In a large bowl, blend the ricotta until smooth. Then whisk in the sugar and flour. Next, whisk in the eggs one at a time. Then finish with the orange zest, liqueur, vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Once mixed, pour the batter into a sugared springform pan bake until set and golden brown, 1 hour 15 minutes.

Remove and allow to cool for 30 minutes before refrigerating. Portion into 9 to 16 slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment