..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

6/1/13

Poor Man's Goulash

This is a simple meal to make in a hurry when you want to please kids and men (or larger kids). It can be dressed up with a layer of mozarella if need be.

1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
2 (16 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
1 (16 ounce) can water
8 ounces elbow macaroni, uncooked
salt, to taste
diced red and green peppers (optional)
pepper, to taste
parmesan cheese (optional)

Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent. Brown ground beef and drain. Add ground beef, tomatoes, water, raw macaroni, salt and pepper to the onion and garlic mixture. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until macaroni is tender. If desired, top with Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment