..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

5/31/13

Cider Baked Pork Chops

Simple to make and full of flavor, these pork chops are an easy, homey way to add a special flair to the meal.

Ingredients
½ cup apple cider   
4 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons honey   
4 loin pork chops with bone, 1” thick

In a large shallow baking dish mix the liquids together and lay the chops over it, turning to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight.

400°. Drain off all but ¼ C of marinade and set aside. Bake chops uncovered, turning once, basting frequently with marinade for 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment