..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

5/30/13

Coffee Shop Style Iced Coffee Base

Why.. Didn't I think of this? I mean- with as much iced coffee as I drink, shouldn't this be a no brainer? Anyhow- I found this uncredited gem on facebook. Viva la book!

Ingredients
1 pound Ground Coffee (good, Rich Roast)
8 quarts Cold Water

In a large container, mix ground coffee with water. Cover and allow to sit at room temperature eight hours or overnight.

Line a fine mesh strainer with cheesecloth and set over a pitcher or other container. Pour coffee/water mixture through the strainer, allowing all liquid to run through. Discard grounds.

Place coffee liquid in the fridge and allow to cool. Use as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment