..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

5/30/13

Iced Almond Joy

Sometimes we all need to be a little bad and have a goodie. Almond Joys! Without that much guilt! Thank you Delia Creates!

Ingredients
2 cups coconut milk
2 cups almond milk
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup sugar (or less, depending on how sweet you prefer it)

Combine 1/2 cup of one of the milks, chocolate chips, and sugar in a medium sized pan on medium heat. Stir until melted and well combined. Take off heat and let it cool. Refrigerate until chilled. Add the remaining milk. Blend or vigorously whisk together.

Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment