..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

4/18/13

Arroz Doce

This is a super creamy Brazilian rice pudding.

Ingredients: 
4 cup water 
2 cup long grained rice
1 cinnamon stick 
½ qt. milk
1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk 
2 tsp gf baking powder
cinnamon (optional)
grated lime zest (optional)

Pour 4 cups of water over 1 cup long grain rice and 1 cinnamon stick. Cook until the rice absorbs all the water and add water as needed until the rice is well cooked. Remove cinnamon stick. In a separated sauce pan, bring to boil 1/2 qt milk and 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz can).

Add the cooked rice to the boiling milk (rice need to be still hot). (To your rice pudding gets creamy, you need to combine the hot milk with hot rice). Cook the rice pudding more five minutes or until it gets a thicker sauce. Pour rice pudding into custard cups and sprinkle with cinnamon or grated lime zest.

NOTE: You have to pour in the milk into the cooked rice. Both should be hot. The milk should be boiling when you pour into the still hot rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment