..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

4/9/13

Baked Ricotta

Looking for an out of the ordinary Italian recipe for tonight? How about this rich puff, similar to a quiche, but much more savory. Thank you Leite's Culinaria for this wonderful recipe.

Ingredients: 
Butter for the baking dish
15 to 18 ounces fresh whole-milk ricotta (not reduced fat)
2 large eggs
3 1/2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
A few fresh oregano leaves, finely chopped
1 chile, seeded and thinly slice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Preheat the oven to 400°F (204°C). Butter a 2-cup baking dish.
Beat all the ingredients in a bowl with a fork or a standing mixer until well combined. Transfer the mixture to the baking dish and bake until golden and puffed, 25 to 30 minutes, give or take a little depending on how shallow or deep your baking dish is. Let cool slightly prior to serving straight from the baking dish by the generous spoonful.

No comments:

Post a Comment