..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

4/14/13

Beef Bulgogi

We do a lot of oriental inspired food to get over food allergies and stretching budgets, which is more of a mish-mash than a regional thing. Bulgogi is a grilled meat that's very flavorful and moist and is usually served over rice or rolled into red lettuce leaves. It cooks very fast and has a slightly sweet taste to it.

Ingredients: 
1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced
5 tablespoons soy sauce
2 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped green onion
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

Place the beef in a shallow dish. Combine soy sauce, sugar, green onion, garlic, sesame seeds, sesame oil, and ground black pepper in a small bowl. Pour over beef. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.

Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil the grate. Quickly grill beef on hot grill until slightly charred and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side.

No comments:

Post a Comment