..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

4/16/13

Raspberry Cheesecake Brulee

I love creme brulee. Any excuse to make it is just fine in my book. Here's an interesting variation on the typical burned sugar custard including lovely raspberries.

Ingredients:
1 lb cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp gf vanilla extract
2 tbsp water
1/2 pint raspberries, washed & patted dry
2-3 tbsp light brown sugar   

325°. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and mix. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl as needed. Mix in vanilla and water. Blend until smooth.

Divide raspberries between 6-8 small oven-proof dessert dishes. Spoon cheese filling over raspberries. Bake in oven until set, about 15-20 minutes. Remove, cool and refrigerate until needed.

When ready to serve, preheat broiler and sprinkle each dessert cup with 1-1½ t brown sugar. Place under broiler until sugar begins to bubble. Be careful not to burn. Let cool for 2 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment