..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

4/6/13

Chicken Marsala

I love Italian food, though it's hard to get good Italian food in my town that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I typically serve this over mashed potatoes or a potato/parsnip mixture instead of over pasta. It's also very good when served over steamed broccoli.

Ingredients: 
4 tablespoons butter
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
4 shallots, chopped fine
1/2 lb mushroom, sliced
1/4 cup dry marsala
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Pound chicken breasts to even out thickness and lightly salt and pepper. In large skillet, saute chicken in 2 T melted butter until lightly browned, about 2 minutes per side.Remove from pan and set aside.

Melt remaining butter in pan and add shallots and mushrooms.Cook until mushrooms are lightly browned.Add Marsala and bring to a boil, scraping browned bits from bottom of pan.Add cream and lemon juice and return to a boil.Season with salt and pepper.

Return chicken to pan for about 3 minutes to reheat and finish cooking.Serve atop buttered fettucini.

No comments:

Post a Comment