..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

4/13/13

Asiago Cream Sauce


We do a lot of white sauces for my middle boy who has IBS. My oldest hates most white sauces, so we try a lot of different varieties. Here's one of them.

Ingredients:
 4 cup heavy whipping cream   
1/8th tsp dry chicken stock
1/4 cup asiago cheese   
1 tbsp cornstarch
20oz cold water   

To make the sauce, heat cream to very hot and just bubbly (but not a boil). Add the chicken base and cheese. Stir constantly with a wire whisk and bring temperature back to just bubbly.

Dissolve cornstarch in the cold water and add to sauce. Bring to a slow simmer to cook out starch. Serve over pasta immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment