..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

4/17/13

Fresh Berries with Grand Marnier Cream

This is a wonderfully light adult summer dessert.

Ingredients:
1 pt fresh blueberries   
4 oz. Grand Marnier liqueur
1 pt fresh raspberries  
2 cup sour cream
2 pts fresh strawberries, hulled and halved  
1 ¼ cup white sugar
½ cup butter   

In a sauté pan melt butter and add in Grand Marnier. Cook off the alcohol and pour into a large bowl. Add the sour cream and sugar and beat with a whisk until smooth. Chill. Mix chilled berries together and pour into 2 tall martini glasses. Top with cream mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment