..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

4/14/13

Te Frio Con Pina

I love iced tea. It's a staple in the house. However I'm the only one that likes flavored iced tea, so this is a special treat or a special event drink.

Ingredients:
1 quart barely boiling hot water
4 orange pekoe tea bags
1 quart ice cold water
1 (16 ounce) can pineapple juice
1/2 cup simple syrup (optional)
1 fresh pineapple - peeled, cored, and cut into spears

Pour the barely boiling hot water into a large pitcher, and add the tea bags. Steep the tea 2 to 4 minutes. Remove the tea bags, and pour in the ice water. Pour in the pineapple juice. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 1 1/2 hours.

Pour the tea over ice, garnish with pineapple spears, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment