..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

4/15/13

Gourmet Baked Beans

Another standard picnic that I'm not fond of unless I make it. This is my recipe for good, sticky crock beans.

Ingredients:
21 oz. baked beans   
1/4 cup catsup
2 tbsp molasses   
2 tbsp dark brown sugar
2 tbsp bacon drippings   
1 tbsp mustard
1/4 cup minced grilled onions   
1/2 pkg bacon, uncooked

350°. Mix all but the bacon together in a large pan and simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes. Pam a large roasting pan and pour in the beans. Layer the top with raw bacon slices and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 30-45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment