..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

4/10/13

Crepes

Most people think of crepes as a breakfast food. Crepes are wonderful for savory stuffings, such as chicken and sauteed veggies, herbed cheeses, under meat and gravy dishes, topped with scrambled eggs and cheese. They can be used as many ways as a biscuit.

Ingredients:
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1 tablespoon melted shortening
1/2 cup sifted flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar

Beat eggs thoroughly, add milk and shortening. Sift flour with salt, sugar, and add to egg mixture with hand beater until smooth. On griddle heat little shortening. Drop batter 5" round cooked on both sides until light brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment