..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

4/7/13

Sore Throat Sage Gargle

This simple recipe comes from our friends at Mother Earth Living. The Sage used in the following recipe is a classic gargle, but other herbs such as Marjoram, Thyme or Hyssop can be used instead. Please remember that I am not a doctor and this is not expert medical advice.

Ingredients:
1 cup boiling water
2 teaspoons fresh or dried Sage leaves
1/4 ounce salt

Pour the boiling water over the Sage, cover and steep for 20 minutes. Strain and add the salt. Gargle as needed. May be stored in the refrigerator for a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment