..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

4/14/13

Carrot Raisin Medley Salad

Cold salads are a must on hot summer days. In this recipe, the carrots and apples really compliment each other with their crisp bite and mellow sweet flavors. GF notes in purple.

Ingredients:
3 tbsp lemon juice   
1 tbsp honey
3 tbsp mayonnaise or gluten free mayonnaise
6 carrots, shredded
3 tbsp sour cream 
1 lg apple, diced
1/4 tsp sugar   
1/3 cup raisins

Whisk the lemon juice, honey, mayo, sour cream and sugar together then mix with the raisins, carrots and apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment