..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

4/8/13

Horseradish Potato Salad

This is my go to summer picnic and barbecue side dish. It's not standard, it has a good bite to it and it is so very cool and creamy.

Ingredients: 
4 lg. baking potatoes, peeled & chunked
½ cup sour cream
½ cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons prepared horseradish sauce
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
4 hard boiled eggs, separated, chopped
3 bacon slices, crisped & crumbled
2 green onions, chopped     

Boil 1” chunks of potatoes in water until tender. Drain and cool. Stir together mayo, parsley, pepper, sour cream, horsey sauce, salt & egg yolk and beat until smooth. Mix in onions, egg whites and bacon. Pour over potatoes and mix well. Chill until ready to serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment