..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

4/10/13

Caramel Dessert Sauce

If I don't put this in the back of the fridge and hide it after it's made, I catch a number of men-folk standing with the fridge door open, eating it with a spoon.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup light brown sugar
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Combine butter and brown sugar in a small sauce pan and warm over medium-low heat until smooth, stirring frequently. Add cream and vanilla, stirring until well mixed. Allow to bubble just a little. Pour into a mason jar and place in the fridge for four hour with no lid or until thickened. Cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment