..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

4/15/13

Summer Peaches ala Mode

Nothing is better than sitting on your front porch on a warm and breezy summer day, eating sweet, flavorful peaches and creamy cool ice cream. GF warnings in purple. Vegan/dairy free warnings in green.

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter or vegan butter spread
1/4 cup honey
1/8th teaspoon ginger
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon amaretto liquor
2-3 large peaches, peeled, stoned & sliced
4 scoops vanilla ice cream or gf vanilla or vegan coconut milk ice cream

In a skillet over medium-low heat, melt the butter with the honey, ginger, extract and liqueur. When the mixture bubbles add the peaches. Continue to cook until the peaches soften in 1-2 minutes. Spoon over ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment