..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

4/20/13

Flourless Fudge Cookies


These are sumptuous, rich cookies that just melt in your mouth. GF notes in purple.

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp espresso powder
1 cup cocoa powder
3 large egg whites
2 tsp vanilla extract or gf vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two baking sheets. Or line with parchment, and grease the parchment. Stir together all of the ingredients till smooth. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, and stir again till smooth. Drop the soft, batter-like dough onto the prepared baking sheets in 1 1/2" circles; a tablespoon cookie scoop works well here.

Bake the cookies for 8 minutes; they should spread, become somewhat shiny, and develop faintly crackly tops. Remove the cookies from the oven, and allow them to cool right on the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment