..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

4/8/13

Gluten Free Tollhouse Cookies

Thanks to Gluten Free Goddess, my friends can enjoy the same chocolate chip cookies as I bake for my boys.

Ingredients: 
1 cup sorghum flour
3/4 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
1/2 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
3/4 cup canola oil
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon bourbon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sorghum flour, potato starch, almond flour, xanthan gum, sea salt, baking soda, and brown sugar. Add in the oil, eggs and vanilla extract. Beat the dough for two minutes, until it is sticky and smooth. Add in the dark chocolate chips; and stir by hand to combine. Add in walnuts, if desired. Note: If it is hot and humid, cover and chill the dough for one hour.
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Form the dough into 28-30 balls. Place a dozen or so on the lined baking sheet and press down lightly- not too flat. Bake for 14 minutes. The cookies will look golden- but still feel slightly soft to the touch. They crisp a bit as they cool. Cool cookies on a wire rack.

Makes 28 to 30 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment