..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

4/6/13

Honey Creams

An old fashioned Irish dessert that's only for grown ups. As it uses raw eggs, please remember your food safety rules.

Ingredients:
4 tablespoons thick honey   
4 medium egg yolks
½ pt whipping cream   
4 tablespoons whiskey
grated chocolate for decoration   

Heat the honey in a pan until it is runny. Beat the egg yolks and slowly add the honey, beating until it has thickened and turned a pale yellow color. Whip the cream and add the whisky, one tablespoon at a time. Fold together the egg yolk mixture and the cream mixture.

Divide into eight ramekins or molds and sprinkle with grated chocolate. Place on a tray, cover and freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment