..And a hug around the neck

I've started a movement in my house to step away from convenience food, fast food, processed food and bring the food that goes into my family back to the beginning of where it should be prepared: in my kitchen. It isn't always easy- especially in this rush rush world- but I can control what goes into the food, which keeps my family healthier. I share my recipes with you, so that you, too, can benefit from what I've learned.

4/16/13

Mom's 'Last Nerve' Tincture

I love the name alone. I found it in an old newsletter sent out by Mountain Rose Herbs. This nervine tonic tincture formula will help Mom keep her cool during stressful situations. Oat tops in this recipe provide mild nourishment to strengthen the nerves. Both oats and skullcap – which tends to have a more immediate, yet gentle calming effect – are indicated for nervousness, exhaustion, some types of headaches, and restless sleep. Skullcap is also anti-spasmodic and helps relax tense muscles. Holy basil is an important adaptogenic herb in India that allows the mind to adapt and react to incoming stress with calm, perhaps thanks to its antioxidant content including flavonoids, phenolics, and carotenoids.

Ingredients: 
½ organic Milky Oat Tops tincture
¼ organic Skullcap tincture
¼ organic Holy Basil tincture

You can make your own individual herb tinctures and mix them according to the ratio above, or blend our pre-made tinctures in a glass dropper bottle. Take 3 droppers up to three times a day to help prepare your nervous system for unexpected stressors as you balance family, friends, work, love, hobbies, finances, and more each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment